All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUndoubtedly the most famous of any nation's aviation units in World War I, Germany's first true fighter wing would always be associated with its first commander, the charismatic and revered Manfred von Richthofen. This book charts the World War I experiences of JG I.
- Author BiographyGreg VanWyngarden has a lifelong interest in World War I aviation, and has been particularly active in deciphering the colours and markings that decorated the various German fighters flown by the leading aces. This is his third book for Osprey, having co-authored Aircraft of the Aces 40: 'Fokker Dr I Aces' and Aircraft of the Aces 53: 'Fokker D VII Aces Part I' with Norman Franks. Berkshire-based Harry Dempsey is a talented profile artist who specialises in fighter aircraft of World War I. He has illustrated all of Osprey's World War I Aircraft of the Aces titles to date.
- Author(s)Greg VanWyngarden
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/07/2004
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleAviation Elite Units
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 16
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note120ill.40col.ill.
- Weight404 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Harry Dempsey
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.19
- £10.50Trending at £14.48
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
- £10.82Trending at £15.38
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.