All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.51Trending at £9.30
- £8.50Trending at £9.64
- £30.00Trending at £32.78
- £8.19Trending at £11.99
- £13.43Trending at £13.80
- £22.99Trending at £25.52
- £11.83Trending at £12.83
About this product
- DescriptionRiemannian holonomy groups and calibrated geometry covers an exciting and active area of research at the crossroads of several different fields in Mathematics and Physics. Drawing on the author's previous work the text has been written to explain the advanced mathematics involved simply and clearly to graduate students in both disciplines.
- Author BiographyDominic Joyce came up to Oxford University in 1986 to read Mathematics. He held an EPSRC Advanced Research Fellowship from 2001-2006, was recently promoted to professor, and now leads a research group in Homological Mirror Symmetry. His main research areas so far have been compact manifolds with the exceptional holonomy groups G_2 and Spin(7), and special Lagrangian submanifolds, a kind of calibrated submanifold. He is married, with two daughters.
- Author(s)Dominic David Joyce
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/02/2007
- Series TitleOxford Graduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight461 g
- Width157 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.