All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn August 17, 1945, Indonesia proclaimed its independence from Dutch colonial rule. Five years later, the Republic of Indonesia was recognized as a unified, sovereign state. This title traces the variously tangled and perhaps incompletely understood ways that Karo women and men contributed to the founding of the Indonesian nation.
- Author BiographyMary Steedly is Professor of Anthropology at Harvard University and the author of Hanging without a Rope: Narrative Experience in Colonial and Postcolonial Karoland.
- Author(s)Mary Margaret Steedly
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note21 b/w photographs, 4 maps
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.61Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.