All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.69
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £3.91Trending at £4.20
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the causes, consequences and policy implications of flooding in the US, covering hazard mitigation, hydrology, geography and environmental planning.
- Author BiographySamuel D. Brody is a Professor at Texas A&M University in the departments of Marine Sciences at Galveston and Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning at College Station. He holds the George P. Mitchell '40 Chair in Sustainable Coasts and is the Director of the Center for Texas Beaches and Shores. Dr Brody is also a faculty fellow at the Rice University Severe Storm Prediction Education and Evacuation from Disasters Center, the Texas A&M University Hazard Reduction and Recovery Center, and the Texas A&M University Institute for Science, Technology, and Public Policy. His research and teaching focuses on coastal environmental planning, environmental dispute resolution, climate change policy and natural hazards mitigation. Wesley E. Highfield is a Research Scientist at Texas A&M University, Galveston in the department of Marine Sciences. He is also the Associate Director of the Center for Texas Beaches and Shores. Dr Highfield conducts research on the effects of wetland alteration on flooding and teaches courses in geographic information systems and biostatistics. Jung Eun Kang is a Research Fellow in the Korea Adaptation Center for Climate Change of the Korea Environment Institute. Dr Kang was formerly a postdoctoral Research Associate in the Hazard Reduction and Recovery Center at Texas A&M University where she conducted research on coastal flooding and natural hazard mitigation in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Author(s)Jung Eun Kang,Samuel David Brody,Wesley E. Highfield
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2011
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note8 b/w illus. 20 maps 25 tables
- Weight530 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.