All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionUnderpinning this examination of Western societies is the notion of the 'risk society'. The changing nature of society's relation to production and distribution is related to the environmental impact as a totalizing, globalizing economy based on scientific and technical knowledge becomes more central to social organization and social conflict.
- Author BiographyUlrich Beck is Professor of Sociology at the University of Munich. He is the author of Counterpoison (1991) and Ecological Enlightenment (1992).
- Author(s)Ulrich Beck
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/1992
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePublished in Association with Theory, Culture & Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 17
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Translated byMark Ritter
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.