All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA revealing portrait of a major poet of the SF Renaissance and a gripping account of late '50s gay life.
- Author BiographyMichael Rumaker is an American author (born March 5, 1932 in Philadelphia, PA), to Michael Joseph and Winifred Marvel Rumaker. He is a graduate of Black Mountain College (1955) and Columbia University (1970). Most of Rumaker's fiction concerns his life as a gay man. His first book, The Butterfly, is a fictionalized memoir of his brief affair with a young Yoko Ono, published before Ono became famous. His short stories, Gringos and Other Stories, appeared in 1967. A revised and expanded version appeared in 1991. He began to write directly about his life as a gay man in the volumes A Day and a Night at the Baths (1979) and MY FIRST SATYRNALIA (1981). The novel Pagan Days (1991) is told from the perspective of an eight-year old boy struggling to understand his gay self. Black Mountain Days, a memoir of his time at Black Mountain College, has a strong autobiographical element In addition, there are portraits of many students, faculty, and visitors (especially the poets Robert Creeley and Charles Olson) during its last years, 1952-1956.
- Author(s)Michael Rumaker
- PublisherCity Lights Books
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- GenreBiography: Literary
- Series TitleCity Lights/Grey Fox
- Place of PublicationMonroe, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCity Lights Books
- Weight199 g
- Width136 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementExpanded edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.