All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with his 1934 Field Guide to the Birds , Roger Tory Peterson introduced people to the pleasures of observing birds in the wild. This biography describes how Peterson's obsession with birds began in boyhood and continued throughout a multifaceted career as a painter, writer, educator, environmentalist, and photographer.
- Author BiographyDouglas Carlson is a retired professor of English who has written extensively about the natural world. A longtime resident of Jamestown, New York, where Roger Tory Peterson grew up, Carlson now lives in Athens, Georgia, where he works on the Georgia Review.
- Author(s)Douglas Carlson
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- GenreBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Series TitleMildred Wyatt-Wold Series in Ornithology
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note15 b&w illus.
- Weight567 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine661 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.49Trending at £9.99
- £5.77Trending at £6.20
- £5.15Trending at £7.24
- £6.99Trending at £9.99
- £5.04Trending at £7.36
- £2.80Trending at £2.92
- £10.45Trending at £10.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.