All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ruthlessly ambitious Joe Lampton rises swiftly from the petty bureaucracy of local government into the unfamiliar world of inherited wealth, fast cars and glamorous women. But the price of success is high.
- Author BiographyJohn Gerard Braine (April 13, 1922 - October 28, 1986) was an English novelist. Born in Bradford, Yorkshire, Braine left St. Bede's Grammar School at sixteen and worked in a shop, a laboratory and a factory before becoming, after the war, a librarian. Although he wrote twelve works of fiction, Braine is chiefly remembered today for his first novel, Room at the Top (1957), which was also turned into a successful film (1959). Braine is usually associated with the Angry Young Men movement.
- Author(s)John Braine
- Date of Publication03/08/1989
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight173 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.44Trending at £4.79
- £8.36Trending at £15.39
- £13.11Trending at £14.99
- £12.77Trending at £13.45
- £5.48Trending at £9.03
- £12.14Trending at £17.10
- £7.23Trending at £9.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.