CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- £10.35Trending at £10.95
- £3.59Trending at £3.68
- £6.26Trending at £6.77
- £2.81Trending at £4.21
- £10.13Trending at £11.20
- £2.99Trending at £3.19
- £2.80Trending at £2.99
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Rose sees a little boy trying to escape from the back of a truck, only to be captured and shoved back in, she decides to follow the truck. At a desolate place out of town she discovers many other children, staring hungrily from behind an electric barbed wire fence.
- Author BiographyIan McEwan (Author) Ian McEwan is a critically acclaimed author of short stories and novels for adults, as well as The Daydreamer, a children's novel illustrated by Anthony Browne. His first published work, a collection of short stories, First Love, Last Rites, won the Somerset Maugham Award. His novels include The Child in Time, which won the 1987 Whitbread Novel of the Year Award, The Cement Garden, Enduring Love, Amsterdam, which won the 1998 Booker Prize, Atonement, Saturday, On Chesil Beach, Solar and Sweet Tooth.Roberto Innocenti (Illustrator) Roberto Innocenti was born in 1940 in Bagno a Ripoli, a small town near Florence. Never having attended art school, he went to Rome to work in an animation studio. Returning to Florence, he began designing books and illustrating film and theatre posters. He has illustrated Pinocchio, A Christmas Carol, J. Patrick Lewis's The Last Resort and Ruth Vander Zee's Erika's Story. He lives in Florence with his wife.
- Author(s)Christophe Gallaz,Ian McEwan
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication05/09/1985
- GenrePicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Out-of-print date24/04/2015
- Content Note1
- Weight379 g
- Width215 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Roberto Innocenti
- Volume editorIan McEwan
- Reading AgeFrom 2 to 12
- Interest AgeFrom 5 from 5 to 7 To 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.