All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.44
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the biggest questions in the licensing landscape is how to price the license-that is, what royalty rate should be associated with the licensed intellectual property? Answers to the royalty rate question are typically not provided in book form.
- Author BiographyRussell L. Parr, CFA, ASA is president of IPRA, Inc. (Intellectual Property Research Associates). He is a consultant, author, publisher, and lecturer focused on the valuation, pricing, and strategic management of intellectual property. For over twenty-five years, he has advised his clients about the value and pricing of patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. His books are published in Japanese, Korean, Italian, Chinese, and Russian. Mr. Parr's opinions are used to accomplish licensing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, transfer pricing, infringement damages litigation support, and joint venture equity splits. His clients include multinational corporations, universities, and private inventors. Past assignments have included the valuation of the Dr. Seuss copyrights and the patent portfolio of AT&T. Mr. Parr has also conducted valuations and royalty rate studies, for technology and trademarks related to pharmaceuticals, semiconductor processes and products, agricultural formulations, automotive, biotechnology, photography, chemical formulations, communications, computer software and hardware, drug delivery systems, flowers, incinerator feed systems, lasers, medical instruments, and motivational book copyrights. In addition to consulting, Mr. Parr publishes three royalty rate resource books sold all over the world. These books are Royalty Rates for Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology, Sixth Edition; Royalty Rates for Trademarks and Copyrights, Third Edition; and Royalty Rates forTechnology, Third Edition. These books are dedicated to reporting detailed information about the financial aspects of intellectual property transactions, including licensing and joint ventures. Mr. Parr is a graduate of Rutgers University, having received a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering and a Masters in Business Administration. He has also been awarded the professional designations of Chartered Financial Analyst, from the CFA Institute, and Accredited Senior Appraiser, from the American Society of Appraisers. He is a member of the Licensing Executives Society and is on the advisory board of three professional publications, Licensing Economics Review, IP Litigator, and The Licensing Journal. As an author and co-author, Mr. Parr has created seven books published by John Wiley and Sons, about the valuation, management, and pricing of intellectual property, including Intellectual Property:Valuation, Exploitation and Infringement Damages. In addition he has written twenty-six articles for professional publications such as Les Nouvelles and The Journal of Proprietary Rights. He has made forty-three seminar presentations for organizations including the Licensing Executives Society, the American Intellectual Property Law Association and the World Intellectual Property Organization. He has testified at deposition or trial fifty-five times regarding intellectual property infringement. More information about Mr. Parr, his firm, and its publications can be found at www.ipresearch.com.
- Author(s)Russell L. Parr
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2007
- GenreNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width168 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.