All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.23
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.94Trending at £6.38
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £7.82Trending at £8.34
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £6.75Trending at £7.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book of cases about rural tourism development in Canada demonstrates the different ways that tourism has been positioned as a local response to political and economic shifts in a nation that is itself undergoing rapid change, both continentally and globally.
- Author BiographyDr. E. Wanda George is an Associate Professor in the Department of Business Administration and Tourism and Hospitality Management, Mount Saint Vincent University, Canada. Dr. GeorgeaEURO(t)s research focuses on the interrelationships and dynamics that occur amongst tourism, rural communities, local culture and community sustainability. She has authored several publications about her research work on community tourism planning and development, with a particular focus on the role of culture in tourism development and community sustainability in rural Canada. Dr. Heather Mair is an Assistant Professor in the Recreation and Leisure Studies Department, University of Waterloo, Canada. Dr. MairaEURO(t)s research focuses on the challenges and opportunities presented by tourism development in rural Canada. She has authored numerous publications in tourism and leisure studies with a particular focus on community-based tourism planning and development, leisure and volunteer activists, the (social) role of curling clubs in rural Canadian life and the need for enhanced critical and theoretical approaches to leisure and tourism research. Dr. Donald G. Reid is Professor in the School of Environmental Design and Rural Development, University of Guelph, Canada. Dr. ReidaEURO(t)s research focuses on community development and social planning, tourism and recreation planning. Of particular interest is the marginalized in society and the integration of those experiencing poverty into mainstream society and issues of citizenship generally. His research work is centered in Africa and Canada. He has authored numerous publications that focus on community development, tourism, leisure and the marginalized in society.
- Author(s)Donald G. Reid,E. Wanda George,Heather Mair
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleTourism and Cultural Change
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.