All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
About this product
- Author(s)Joshua D. Broggi
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight496 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Table Of ContentsAbbreviations Introduction 1. How to Read this Book 2. Narrative and World 3. A Tale of Interpretations Part I: Heidegger 1. Being and Time The Very Possibility of Reading Scripture Wrongly What Sort of Book is Being and Time The Argument in Being and Time 2. Tools in the World A Phenomenology of Tools, 15 Broken Tools: A Gloss of 16 The Inhabited Taxonomy, 18 Language as an Everyday Tool 3. Scripture in the World The One Thing Named by 'Scripture', 'Tradition', and 'Reason' The Unity of Background Commitments Language and Taxonomy Finite Reason Part II: Gadamer 4. Truth and Method Approaching Gadamer The Scope and Argument of Truth and Method The Opening Discussion 5. Reading Rightly The 'Hermeneutical Circle' and the Ethics of Thought The First Ethical Principle: Start Rightly The Second Ethical Principle: Wait Long 6. Reading in the World 'The Principle of Wirkungsgeschichte' Gadamer's Use of Hegel Alterity in the Metaphor of Horizons Gadamer's Logic of Unity 7. Conclusions The Pitt Rivers Museum Theology and the Gordian Knot of Self-Consciousness What Can Theologians Say? The Unity of Scripture, Tradition, and Reason Scripture in the World Bibliography Index
- Author BiographyJoshua D. Broggi is a Junior Research Fellow at Wolfson College and a member of the Faculty of Theology and Religion at the University of Oxford, UK.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.