Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis illuminating ethnography of the Menil Collection--the first such study of a major art museum--explores how the Collection embodies its founders' desire to bind the sacred to the modern and how the Menils' legacy is being perpetuated and contested beyond their lifetimes.
- Author BiographyPAMELA G. SMART is Associate Professor of Anthropology and Art History at State University of New York at Binghamton. Before coming to Binghamton, she established and directed the visual culture program at the University of Otago, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Pamela G. Smart
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note35 b&w photos
- Weight624 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.