All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £10.88Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
About this product
- DescriptionProgress in space safety lies in the acceptance of safety design and engineering as an integral part of the design and implementation process for various space systems. Supported by the International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety (IAASS), this book provides a comprehensive reference for aerospace engineers in industry.
- Author BiographyUntil October 2012 Tommaso Sgobba has been responsible for flight safety at the European Space Agency (ESA), including human-rated systems, spacecraft re-entries, space debris, use of nuclear power sources, and planetary protection. He joined the European Space Agency in 1989, after 13 years in the aeronautical industry. Initially he supported the developments of the Ariane 5 launcher, several earth observation and meteorological satellites, and the early phase of the Hermes spaceplane. Later he became product assurance and safety manager for all European manned missions on Shuttle, MIR station, and for the European research facilities for the International Space Station. He chaired for 10 years the ESA ISS Payload Safety Review Panel, He was also instrumental in setting up the ESA Re-entry Safety Review Panel. Tommaso Sgobba holds an M.S. in Aeronautical Engineering from the Polytechnic of Turin (Italy), where he was also professor of space system safety (1999-2001). He has published several articles and papers on space safety, and co-edited the text book Safety Design for Space Systems , published in 2009 by Elsevier, that was also published later in Chinese. He co-edited the book entitled The Need for an Integrated Regulatory Regime for Aviation and Space , published by Springer in 2011. He is member of the editorial board of the Space Safety Magazine. Tommaso Sgobba received the NASA recognition for outstanding contribution to the International Space Station in 2004, and the prestigious NASA Space Flight Awareness (SFA) Award in 2007.
- Author(s)Axel Larsen,Gary E. Musgrave,Tommaso Sgobba
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication17/03/2009
- GenreOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 280 illustrations
- Weight1746 g
- Width197 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.