All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Alan J. Stolzer,Carl D. Halford,John J. Goglia
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/08/2015
- GenreTransport Technology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 82 b&w illustrations
- Weight856 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Preface to the First Edition; Preface to the Second Edition; Prologue: Quest Airlines; Introduction to SMS; History and evolution of safety; Principles of quality management; Hazards; Risks; Controls; Taxonomies; Process-based safety risk management/safety assurance; Managing the SMS; Tools and analysis methods; SMS implementation in a Part 141 flight school, Bob Thomas and Chris Lee; SMS effectiveness; Epilogue: Quest Airlines story; Index.
- Author BiographyAlan J. Stolzer, Ph.D., FRAeS is Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, and Professor and Chair of Doctoral Studies in the College of Aviation at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA. He holds a Ph.D. in Quality Systems from Indiana State University, and several professional certifications: Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, and Quality Auditor from the American Society for Quality; Project Management Professional from the Project Management Institute; Airline Transport Pilot, Flight Instructor with Instrument and Multi-Engine Ratings, and Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic from the Federal Aviation Administration. Dr. Stolzer has several thousand hours in more than 40 makes and models of fixed-wing aircraft. His research interests include safety, quality, flight operations quality assurance, safety management systems, and emergency preparedness. He is a prolific author and has been awarded and managed numerous grants and contracted training programs. Dr. Stolzer is involved in academic accreditation activities and has served as an expert witness and legal consultant on aviation accidents. John J. Goglia is an active consultant, author, and educator in the field of transportation safety. Mr. Goglia served as a Member of the National Transportation Safety Board from August 1995 to June 2004 and was the first Board Member to hold an FAA aircraft mechanic's certificate. As a Board Member, Mr. Goglia distinguished himself in numerous areas of transportation safety. In particular, he was instrumental in raising awareness of airport safety issues, including the importance of airport crash fire and rescue operations and the dangers of wildlife at airports, and played a key role in focusing international attention on the increasing significance of aircraft maintenance in aviation accidents. Mr. Goglia has been recognized many times for his contribution to aviation safety; awarding bodies include the National Air Disaster Alliance, Aviation Week and Space Technology, The Society of Automotive Engineers and the Air Transport Association (ATA). He currently serves on a number of Boards, including the Aviation Technical Training College in Singapore, and advises a number of organizations, including the Professional Aviation Maintenance Association. He is also a Senior Vice President with JDA Aviation Technology Solutions, consulting on transportation and safety issues.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.83Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.