All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the effect of salt stress on plants development, proteomics, genomics, genetic engineering, and plant adaptations, which will prove helpful in developing selection strategies for improving salinity tolerance.
- Author BiographyDr. Parvaiz Ahmad (Editor) Dr. Parvaiz is Assistant professor in Botany at A.S. College, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India. He has completed his post-graduation in Botany in 2000 from Jamia Hamdard New Delhi India. After his Ph.D from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, India in 2007 he joined International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi, India. His main research area is stress physiology and molecular biology. He has published more than 30 research papers in peer reviewed journals and 16 book chapters. He has also edited three volume 2 with Springer NY USA and 1 with Studium Press Pvt. India Ltd., New Delhi, India. He have received Junior Research Fellowship and Senior Research Fellowship by CSIR, New Delhi, India, during his Ph.D. Dr. Parvaiz has been awarded Young Scientist Award under Fast Track scheme in 2007, by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, India. Dr. parvaiz is actively engaged in studying the molecular and physio-biochemical responses of different agricultural and horticultural plants under environmental stress. Prof. Mohamed M. Azooz (Co-editor) Pro.Dr. M.M. Azooz is a Professor of Plant Physiology in department of Botany, Faculty of Science, South Valley University, Qena, Egypt. He received the B.Sc in 1984 and M. Sc. in 1990 from Assiut University, Egypt; and Ph.D in 1997 from South Valley University, Qena, Egypt in collaboration with Tubingen University, Germany. He has published more than 70 research articles in peer reviewed journals and 5 book chapters in international books. He has supervised many M.Sc. students and Ph.D. scholars till date and many are in progress. He is a member of editorial board and reviewer of many international journals. Prof. Azooz has been included in Marquis Who's in the World (Biography, 28th Edition, 2011), and in the Top 100 Scientists list, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge-UK, 2011. Major focus of his research has been on the physiological, biochemical and molecular responses of plants against various biotic and abiotic stresses and the mechanisms of tolerance. Prof. MNV Prasad (Co-editor) Prof. MNV Prasad is a Professor in Department of Plant Sciences at the University of Hyderabad, India. He received the B.Sc. (1973) and M.Sc. (1975) degrees from Andhra University, India, and the Ph.D. degree (1979) in botany from the University of Lucknow, India. Prasad had published 138 articles in peer reviewed journals and 84 book chapters and conference proceedings in the broad area of environmental botany and heavy metal stress in plants. He is the author, co-author, editor, or co-editor for twelve books (John Wiley and Sons Inc. New York; CRC Press, Boca Raton; Springer-Verlag Heidelberg; Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi; Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht; Marcel Dekker, New York, Fizmatlit Publishers. Moscow, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India). He is the receipeint of Pitamber Pant National Environment Fellowship of 2007 awarded by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India. He has served as visiting professor/guest researcher in many universities in different parts of the world viz., Australia, Belgium, Canada, Finland, Kazakhstan, Poland, Portugal and Sweden.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/03/2013
- GenreLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 25 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1034 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byM. M. Azooz,M. N. V. Prasad,Parvaiz Ahmad
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2013. Corr. 2nd printing 2013
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.54Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.