All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVirtually all theories of satire define it as a criticism of contemporary society. While this is often true of poetic satire, this study asserts that narrative satire performs a different function, that it parodies both the established view of the world and that of its opponents, offering its own distinctive critical perspective.
- Author BiographyFrank Palmeri is Professor of English at the University of Miami.
- Author(s)Frank Palmeri
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication25/06/1990
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight636 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.11
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.42Trending at £12.75
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
- £32.38Trending at £32.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.