All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDue to pressures on land for development, savannas are at the forefront of research and conservation concerns. Here, Peter A. Furley describes the range of ecosystems encompassed in the savanna landscape; their rich wildlife; their impact on humans and their evolution; and the approaches to their conservation and management.
- Author BiographyPeter A. Furley is a Senior Honorary Professorial Fellow at the University of Edinburgh. Previously, he has taught Tropical Biogeography and Ecology in Brazil, Zimbabwe, China, and Belize. He is the author or co-author of 150 published articles and 12 books, including The Forest Frontier: Settlement and Change in Brazilian Roraima (Routledge, 1994).
- Author(s)Peter A. Furley
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/06/2016
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note32 black and white halftones
- Weight134 g
- Width114 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £7.47Trending at £7.58
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
- £6.77Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.