All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication10/07/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducation Innovation Series
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight613 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChee-Kit Looi,Laik Woon Teh
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1 Towards Critical Discussions of Scaling up Educational Innovations.- Models of Scaling.- Chapter 2 The role of Innovation in Scaling up Educational Innovations.- Chapter 3 Scaling from the perspectives of policy makers and practitioners from Singapore.- Chapter 4 Increasing the scale and adoption of health innovations: practice models for public health.- Case studies of scaling.- Chapter 5 How educational innovators apply diffusion and scale-up concepts.- Chapter 6 System scaling in Singapore - the STELLAR story.- Chapter 7 Design and implementation of an Educational Innovation in different contexts: A case study of Group Scribbles (scaling to different contexts to use).- Chapter 8 Seeding a curricular innovation from One School to Five Schools: A case study from Singapore.- Chapter 9 Innovation Scale-up of ICT in education in China.- Chapter 10 Pathways to enhance multilevel learning for scaling up systemic ICT-enabled learning innovations - Lessons from 7 European and Asian cases.- International networks for scaling professional development of teachers.- Chapter 11 Scaling up teacher networks across and within European Schools - the case of eTwinning.- Chapter 12 The Knowledge Building International Project (KBIP): Scaling up Professional Development using Collaborative Technology.- Closing Chapter.- Chapter 13 A synthesis: Expanding the reach of education research and reform.
- Author BiographyChee-Kit Looi is Professor of Education in the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He was the Founding Head of Learning Sciences Lab, Singapore from 2004 to 2008, the first research centre devoted to the study of the sciences of learning in the Asia-Pacific region. His research interests include sustainability and scalability of educational innovations, mobile and ubiquitous technologies, computer-supported collaborative learning. He is the PI or co-PI of several research projects funded by the National Research Foundation, Singapore. His research has created some inroads into impacting school practices. His work on rapid collaborative learning has created routine practices of collaborative work in some schools over a couple of years. His research on seamless learning has made good progress toward creating a sustainable curricular model in schools. He is a member of the executive committee of the International AI & Education Society, the past president of the Asia-Pacific Society of Computers in Education, and a Steering Committee and founder member of the Global Chinese Society on Computers in Education. He serves on the editorial boards of the International Journal of CSCL, and Journal of the Learning Sciences. Laik Woon Teh is a Senior Fellow at the Office of Education Research, National Institute of Education, NTU, Singapore. His research interest is the application of statistical and measurement models for policy analysis and programme evaluation. He is involved in the design and review of policy-related research projects in the Ministry of Education and the other public sector agencies in Singapore. Laik Woon is concurrently a Principal Research Specialist at the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore where he oversees MOE Corporate Research Office that is responsible for research coordination, translation and utilization. He is a member of the Economics Experts Group, Civil Service College Singapore.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.56Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.46
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.