All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Alfia A. Rakova,Ray J. Parrott
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- GenreLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleSchaum's Outline Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchaum Outline Series
- Content Noteill
- Weight401 g
- Width205 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
- Table Of Contents1. At the Airport. 2. On the Airplane. 3. Passport Control and Customs. 4. At the Train Station. 5. The Automobile. 6. Asking for Directions. 7. A Telephone Call. 8. Public Transportation. 9. At the Hotel. 10. At the Bank. 11. At the Post Office. 12. At the Hairdresser. 13. At the Clothing Store. 14. At the Dry Cleaner. 15. At the Restaurant. 16. Shopping for Food. 17. At the Farmer's Market. 18. At Home. 19. At the Doctor's Office. 20. At the Hospital. 21. At the Theater and the Movies. 22. Sports. 23. The Weather. 24. Education. 25. Government and Politics. 26. Crime. 27. Business. 28. The Computer.
- Author BiographyAldia A. Rakova, a Russian language instructor, linguist, and translator at the University of Iowa, has taught the language at all levels from elementary to advanced linguistic courses. She is also project coordinator for translation projects, terminologist (English-Russian medical database), and translator of Russian and Polish at the University of Iowa Translation Laboratory. She has published numerous articles on Slavic linguistics, teaching methodology, and the cultural aspects of translation. Ray Parrott has taught Russian language and literature classes at the Universities of Iowa and Michigan for many years and currently holds the rank of Professor and Chair, Department of Russian, at the University of Iowa. He has authored, edited, and translated numerous books and articles on literary and pedagogical issues, in addition to serving actively in his field's major professional associations. For the past decade he has edited the AATSEEL Newsletter for the American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages, a major forum for language instructors.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.62
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.