All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScience Without Numbers caused a stir in 1980, with its bold nominalist approach to the philosophy of mathematics and science. It has been unavailable for twenty years and is now reissued in a revised edition with a substantial new preface presenting the author's current views and responses to the issues raised in subsequent debate.
- Author BiographyHartry Field is the University Professor and Silver Professor of Philosophy at New York University, having previously taught at Princeton, University of Southern California, and the City University of New York Graduate Center. He is the author of Science Without Numbers (original edition 1980, Blackwell and Princeton), Realism, Mathematics and Modality (1989; revised edition 1991, Blackwell), Truth and the Absence of Fact (Oxford University Press) and Saving Truth from Paradox (Oxford University Press).
- Author(s)Hartry Field
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £10.89Trending at £11.73
- £4.92Trending at £5.26
- £8.94Trending at £9.98
- £3.34Trending at £3.68
- £8.14Trending at £8.67
- £4.50Trending at £5.16
- £6.87Trending at £7.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.