All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the nature of science, asking questions such as what is good science and what is the proper goal of scientific activity . This text explores the historical roots to such queries, and analyzes the answers emerging from the scientific and political controversies of the 20th century.
- Author BiographyGerald Holton is Mallinckrodt Research Professor of Physics, and Research Professor of History of Science, Harvard University.
- Author(s)Gerald Holton
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication02/11/1994
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note1 halftone, 1 line illustration
- Weight299 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £21.99Trending at £34.99
- £11.85Trending at £12.99
- £11.22Trending at £12.20
- £17.90Trending at £19.98
- £18.49Trending at £25.00
- £11.80Trending at £12.99
- £8.70Trending at £9.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.