All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/03/2015
- Series TitleRoutledge Innovations in Political Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number61
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAntis Loizides,Kyriakos N. Demetriou
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsSelected Contents: Introduction Kyriakos N. Demetriou And Antis Loizides 1. The Platonic Moment: Political Transpositions Of Power, Reason, And Ethics John R. Wallach 2. Political Knowledge And Human Excellence In Aristotelian Political Science Ryan Balot 3. Cicero On Expertise In Governance Walter Nicgorski 4. Political Wisdom And The City Of God: St. Augustine Of Hippo Miles Hollingworth 5. Bringing Morality Down To Earth: Machiavelli's Contribution To Scientific Statesmanship Joseph V. Femia 6. Hobbes And The Science Of Metaphor Victoria Kahn 7. Montesquieu And The Paradoxes Of The Art Of Statesmanship Rebecca Kingston 8. Kant And The Moral Politicians Paul Guyer 9. Adam Ferguson On Human Nature And Enlightened Governance Alexander Broadie 10. The American Founders' New Science Of Politics Terence Ball 11. Edmund Burke, The Science Of Man, And Statesmanship Daniel O'neill 12. Scientific Socialism: The Case Of Robert Owen David Leopold 13. Alexis De Tocqueville On Science, Statesmanship And Political Philosophy Aristide Tessitore 14. The Rule Of Sociological Method: Auguste Comte's Positive Politics Before The Systeme De Politique Positive Vincent Guillin 15. Science And Partisanship In Max Weber-A Problematic Distinction Or A Means Of Restraining Professorial Authority?
- Author BiographyKyriakos N. Demetriou is Professor of the History of Political Thought at the University of Cyprus. His research interests are in the areas of the history of classical reception, nineteenth-century intellectual history, Platonic scholarship, and the history of historiography. Antis Loizides is Visiting Lecturer at the University of Cyprus. His research interests include British utilitarianism, the moral and political thought of John Stuart Mill and James Mill, social contract theories, happiness, justice, and liberty.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £7.85Trending at £8.62
- £4.82Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £3.91Trending at £4.20
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.