All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHilmi Yavuz is among Turkey's most celebrated poets. Containing English translations, this work offers a glimpse into the complex and expressive poetry of Yavuz, introducing traditional Ottoman forms and themes into a familiar poetic landscape. It discusses Yavuz's work within the world of Turkish poetry.
- Author BiographyHilmi Yavuz is the author of more than thirty books. He has won major literary prizes for his poetry including a medal of honor awarded by the President of Chile for his translations of Pablo Neruda. Walter G. Andrews has authored, coauthored, or edited seven books on Ottoman literature and has published numerous articles on Turkish literature, literary theory, and literary history as well as many translations of Modern Turkish and Ottoman poetry.
- Author(s)Hilmi Yavuz
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleMiddle East Literature in Translation
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byWalter G. Andrews
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.16
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
- £32.38Trending at £32.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.