All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.76
- £1.49Trending at £1.67
- £5.25Trending at £7.04
- £21.99Trending at £24.20
- £24.88Trending at £36.46
- £16.32Trending at £18.76
- £4.84Trending at £5.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays in this volume examine David Grossman's novel See under: Love. The multispectral reflection on the issue of imagination and the alleged unrepresentability of the Shoah greatly contributes to the ongoing discussion and helps understanding this rich, complicated novel.
- Author BiographyMarc De Kesel is professor of Philosophy at Saint Paul University in Ottawa, Canada. His field of his research covers continental philosophy, Lacanian theory, Shoah studies, and theories of religion. Recent books: Auschwitz mon amour (on Shoah Reception; in Dutch), Amsterdam: Boom, 2012. Eros & Ethics: Reading Jacques Lacan, Seminaire VII, Albany: SUNY Press, 2009; (in Dutch) Goden breken. Essays over monotheisme (Destroying Gods: Essays on Monotheism), Amsterdam: Boom, 2010. Bettine Siertsema wrote her PhD thesis on Dutch autobiographical texts on the concentration camps, with special attention to religious and ethical dimensions (Uit de diepten. Vught: Skandalon, 2007, in Dutch). She is now a researcher at the Faculty of Philosophy of VU University in Amsterdam. Her fields of interest are Dutch and international Holocaust literature, and the interface of religion and literature. Katarzyna Szurmiak is a historian currently working in education. She specialises in Jewish history and culture. Her research interests focus mostly on Yiddish language and culture, history of Jews in Poland and memory of the Shoah.
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleBrill Reference Library of Judaism
- Series Part/Volume Number41
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight474 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byBettine Siertsema,Katarzyna Szurmiak,Marc de Kesel
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.