All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese poems, written between 1900 and 1908, and selected from Das Buch der Bilder and the two parts of Neue Gedichte , show Rilke's deep concern with sculpture and painting. The book includes an introduction and notes. The German text faces the English translation.
- Author BiographyC.F. MacIntyre (d.1967) was well known as a translator. In addition to works by Rilke, he translated Goethe's Faust and many of the French symbolists: Nerval, Baudelaire,Verlaine, Corbiere, Mallarme, Rimbaud, Laforgue, and Valery. His volumes of original poems include The Black Bull, Cafes and Cathedrals, and Poems.
- Author(s)Rainer Maria Rilke
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2001
- Language(s)English & German
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight22 g
- Width108 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byC. F. MacIntyre
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementBilingual edition
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.79Trending at £11.99
- £8.90Trending at £9.46
- £6.27Trending at £7.72
- £8.77Trending at £9.28
- £7.94Trending at £8.17
- £7.26Trending at £8.10
- £9.16Trending at £10.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.