All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of short stories reveals the plight and strength of the common Chinese people. There are contradictions between the new and the old , and also between human values with enough integrity to nurture life, versus corruption that leads to the decline and death of a culture.
- Author BiographyJeffrey C. Kinkley is Professor of History at St. John's University in New York. While his research interests include the intellectual and social history of twentieth China, he has been the specialist on Shen Congwen when he first published The Odyssey of Shen Congwen, Stanford University Press, 1987) with many edited and translated collections afterwards. His current interest has been China's crime novels as evidenced by the publication of Chinese Justice, the Fiction: Law and Literature in Modern China, Stanford University Press 1999) and Escape from the Law, forthcoming).
- Author(s)Shen Congwen
- PublisherThe Chinese University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2003
- Language(s)English & Chinese
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintThe Chinese University Press
- Weight445 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byJeffrey C. Kinkley
Best selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £6.09Trending at £9.98
- £6.90Trending at £8.99
- £6.04Trending at £6.98
- £5.80Trending at £6.16
- £6.29Trending at £8.99
- £3.49Trending at £4.74
- £3.49Trending at £5.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.