All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelf, No Self? is the first book of its kind. It brings together leading philosophical scholars of the Indian and Tibetan traditions with leading Western philosophers of mind and phenomenologists to explore issues about consciousness and selfhood from these multiple perspectives.
- Author BiographyDan Zahavi is Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Center for Subjectivity Research at the University of Copenhagen. He obtained his Ph.D. from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in 1994 and his Dr.phil. (Habilitation) from University of Copenhagen in 1999. He was elected member of Institut International de Philosophie in 2001 and of the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters in 2007. He has served as president of the Nordic Society for Phenomenology in the years 2001-2007, and is currently co-editor in chief of the journal Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences. In his systematic work, Zahavi has mainly been investigating the nature of selfhood, self-consciousness and intersubjectivity.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight496 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDan Zahavi,Evan Thompson,Mark Siderits
Best selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £21.26Trending at £22.77
- £6.67Trending at £7.99
- £5.80Trending at £7.70
- £7.92Trending at £8.98
- £9.12Trending at £10.99
- £8.94Trending at £9.97
- £8.87Trending at £9.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.