All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeals with the usefulness of tools from statistical physics in ecology. This book provides an introduction to complex systems theory, and asks whether universal laws shape the structure of ecosystems. Tackling classic ecological questions, its presentation of theories and data focuses on the power of statistical physics and complexity in ecology.
- Author BiographyRicard V. Sole is Professor of Research at the Catalan Institute for Research and Advanced Studies in Spain, head of the Complex Systems Lab at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, external professor at the Santa Fe Institute, and Senior Member of the NASA-Associate Center of Astrobiology. His recent books include Signs of Life: How Complexity Pervades Biology . Jordi Bascompte is Associate Professor of Research at the Spanish Research Council, and a Visiting Scientist at the National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He was awarded a European Young Investigator Award, and is coeditor of Modeling Spatiotemporal Dynamics in Ecology .
- Author(s)Jordi Bascompte,Ricard V. Sole
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2006
- Series TitleMonographs in Population Biology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 42
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note112 line illus. 6 tables.
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £10.88Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.