All listings for this product
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £14.78Trending at £15.12
- £10.93Trending at £21.09
- £22.99Trending at £25.58
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £7.99Trending at £15.72
- £21.69Trending at £22.87
About this product
- DescriptionIncluding a useful overview of the latest research on implemented SWS technologies, this volume details a variety of current semantic service approaches and provides valuable material that will enhance future SWS evaluation methodologies and techniques.
- Author BiographyM. Brian Blake is a Professor of Computer Science and Associate Dean for Research in the College of Engineering at the University of Notre Dame, IL, USA. His research has focused on internet computing, service-oriented computing, and agent-based workflow systems. He was the founder of the WS Challenge, which concentrates on evaluating the software engineering quality of service composition systems. Liliana Cabral is a Research Fellow at the Open University, UK. She developed technologies and presented a number of tutorials on Semantic Web Services in related conferences, and has also been a member of several projects from the European Commission concerning Semantic Web Services. Liliana is currently the chair of the SWS Challenge initiative and a member of the SEALS (Semantic Evaluation at Large Scale) project (EC FP7). Birgitta Konig-Ries holds the Heinz-Nixdorf Endowed Chair for Distributed Information Systems at the University of Jena, Germany. Prior to this she was with the Technical University of Munich, Florida International University, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and the University of Karlsruhe. Her group is working on Semantic Web Services and on portal technology, with a special focus on the evaluation of SWS frameworks. Ulrich Kuster has received a PhD on the evaluation of Semantic Web Service technology from Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Germany. He co-chaired the SWS Challenge initiative for several years, served in the steering committee and as a track chair for the S3 Contest initiative and has held tutorials about the evaluation of semantic technologies. David Martin is a Software Engineering Manager in the Siri team at Apple (Cupertino, California, USA), and previously was a Senior Computer Scientist in the Artificial Intelligence Center of SRI International. His research areas include agent-based systems, Semantic Web and Semantic Web Services, intelligent assistance, and knowledge-based systems engineering. David was a Principal Investigator for DARPA's DAML program that created the Semantic Web initiative, and had a leading role in the development of OWL for Services (OWL-S) and the Semantic Web Services Language (SWSL). He has served as an organizer of many workshops related to Web Services, including the combined Service Matching and Resource Retrieval and Semantic Service Selection (SMR2 / S3) series of workshops and the first SWS Challenge workshop.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- GenreComputing: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note35 black & white tables, biography
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byBirgitta Konig-Ries,David Martin,Liliana Cabral,M. Brian Blake,Ulrich Kuster
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.