Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.07Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
About this product
- DescriptionLeisure activities undertaken in nature are immensely popular. This book examines the new serious leisure concept of nature challenge activity (NCA), exploring how NCA unfolds in an aesthetically appealing natural environment with implications for consumption and environmental sustainability.
- Author BiographyLEE DAVIDSON Senior Lecturer in the Museum & Heritage Studies programme at the Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, were she has been teaching courses in leisure studies, visitor experience and research methods since 1998. She has published journal articles, book chapters and conference papers on mountaineering, natural heritage, visitor studies, sustainable tourism and outdoor education. ROBERT A. STEBBINS, FRSC, is Faculty Professor in the Department of Sociology, University of Calgary, Canada. His academic career spans 47 years, 37 of which have been devoted to studying leisure. He has written 37 books, the most recent being Leisure and Consumption: Common Ground, Separate Worlds.
- Author(s)Lee Davidson,Robert A. Stebbins
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/02/2011
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight430 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.