All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the Six Nations' history through the lens of the remarkable leaders who shaped it. Focusing on the distinct qualities of Iroquois leadership, this title reveals how the Six Nations have survived in the face of overwhelming pressure. It explores how leaders use the past to enable cultural, economic, and political survival.
- Author BiographyLaurence M. Hauptman is a SUNY Distinguished Professor of History at the State University of New York at New Paltz. He is the author of many books and articles on Native American studies, including Conspiracy of Interests: Iroquois Dispossession and the Rise of New York State and The Iroquois in the Civil War: From Battlefield to Reservation, both published by Syracuse University Press.
- Author(s)Laurence M. Hauptman
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleIroquois & Their Neighbors S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Note10 black-&-white illustrations, 5 maps, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £20.23Trending at £20.58
- £8.74Trending at £11.65
- £10.16Trending at £14.50
- £9.48Trending at £10.41
- £11.45Trending at £11.57
- £12.20Trending at £12.98
- £15.90Trending at £18.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.