All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeals with the wider, international applications of language to sport. In this book, the topics discussed range from women's volleyball uniforms, ballroom dancing, female athletes as victims, soccer fans, nudity debates, homophobia, misogyny, Title IX, NASCAR, extreme sports, and trekking, to Japanese sports reports, and Canadian hockey.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Linda K. Fuller (Ph.D., University of Massachusetts), Professor of Communications at Worcester State College and a Senior Fellow at Northeastern University, is the author/(co)editor of more than 20 books and over 250 professional publications and conference reports, including Sport, Rhetoric, and Gender: Historical Perspectives and Media Representations (2006), Sportscasting: Principles and Practices (2008), and Sexual Sports Rhetoric: Historical and Media Contexts of Violence (Peter Lang, 2009). Fuller was awarded Fulbrights to teach in Singapore and do HIV/AIDS research in Senegal. Her website is: www.LKFullerSport.com.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight460 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byLinda K. Fuller
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.42
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.