All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £8.66Trending at £8.79
- £6.54Trending at £8.96
- £7.33Trending at £7.70
- £9.34Trending at £10.71
- £7.45Trending at £9.97
- £7.27Trending at £8.35
- £17.21Trending at £21.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe sonnets in this collection describe Shakespeare's passionate friendship with a young man, his friend's seduction by the poet's own mistress, his friend's relationship with a rival poet and most famously, his humiliated infatuation with the Dark Lady.
- Author BiographyStanley Wells is Honorary President of the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, Professor of Shakespeare Studies, and Director of the Shakespeare Institute, University of Birmingham, 1988-97, now Emeritus Professor. He is one of the foremost Shakespeare scholars of his generation. He has edited The Complete Oxford Shakespeare, An Oxford Anthology of Shakespeare, and The Cambridge Companion to Shakespeare, amongst others.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2003
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford Paperbacks
- Content Notenotes, index
- Weight229 g
- Width128 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Volume editorStanley W. Wells
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- silverscreencli...07 Feb, 2013by
I love Shakespeare's work, so when I was told I was studying his sonnets for English, I couldn't wait. This book is filled with his great work, showing his love for the 'Golden Boy' and his...distaste at times for the 'Dark Lady'. I loved it.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.