Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.27Trending at £7.73
- £7.26Trending at £8.12
- £8.77Trending at £9.30
- £6.42Trending at £6.76
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £12.49Trending at £13.16
- £7.00Trending at £8.12
About this product
- DescriptionSophie Duncan illuminates iconoclastic performances of Shakespeare's heroines in late Victorian theatre, through the celebrity, commentary, and careers of the actresses who played them. Duncan draws on a wealth of archival material to explore the vital ways in which fin-de-siecle Shakespeare and Victorian theatre culture conditioned each other.
- Author BiographySophie Duncan is a Postdoctoral Research Associate at Magdalen College, University of Oxford. Her principal research interests are in Early Modern and nineteenth-century drama, theatre history, cognitive approaches to literature, and cultural memory. She has published on fin-de-siecle Gothic culture, Shakespeare, and celebrity. Beyond academia, she works regularly as a historical advisor and dramaturg for theatre, radio, and television.
- Author(s)Sophie Duncan
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2016
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleOxford English Monographs
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.