All listings for this product
Best selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £11.18Trending at £13.69
- £13.58Trending at £26.35
- £9.63Trending at £10.53
- £7.31Trending at £14.31
- £8.57Trending at £9.23
- £4.84Trending at £5.23
- £8.45Trending at £9.34
About this product
- DescriptionLaurence J Brahm goes in search of the mystical kingdom of Shambhala, hidden somewhere in the snow peaks of the Himalayas. He travels to Lhasa (Tibet) where he obtains the ancient Buddhist scripture, Shambhala Sutra. In the end, he discovers that he is not looking for a place, and discovers his very own Shambhala - his very own place of peace.
- Author BiographyLaurence J. Brahm is a pioneer of culturally sustainable heritage restoration in Beijing - having helped preserve historic neighbourhoods and sections of the Great Wall. He is the author of numerous books on China and Asia, and writes his own regular weekly column in Hong Kong's South China, Morning Post. Since 2002, Brahm has devoted most of his time producing and directing a series of film features and documentaries on Tibet. During this time, he wrote a series of travelogues which includes Searching for Shangri-La amongst other titles. In 2005, he established the Shambhala Foundation, which promotes ethnic diversity and supports culturally sustainable development models. These include, monastery restoration, construction of schools, developing medical clinics, as well as entrepreneurial training in Tibet.
- Author(s)Laurence J. Brahm
- PublisherTimes Editions
- Date of Publication27/04/2007
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintTimes Editions
- Out-of-print date20/08/2015
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. map, col. ports.
- Width148 mm
- Height214 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.