All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.82Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
About this product
- DescriptionBritish police officer E.W. Peters of the Shanghai Municipal Police takes us down the city's dark lanes and alleys, through a crime-ridden underworld of brothels, opium dens and gambling parlors.
- Author BiographyE.W. Peters was a British police officer in the Shanghai Municipal Council from 1929 until his dismissal following charges of attempted murder. He and his co-defendant both found not guilty. Robert Bickers is an expert in the field of modern Chinese history and British colonialism. His previous publications include Empire Made Me: An Englishman Adrift in Shanghai, a biography about a British police officer in the Shanghai Municipal Police, and The Scramble for China: Strangers in the Middle Kingdom, 1832-1914. He is currently a professor of history at the University of Bristol.
- Author(s)E. W. Peter
- PublisherEarnshaw Books Limited
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintEarnshaw Books Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.