All listings for this product
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £16.85Trending at £19.48
- £8.95Trending at £13.89
- £5.94Trending at £9.99
- £17.75Trending at £26.50
- £5.94Trending at £6.14
- £7.94Trending at £8.50
- £8.97Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionArthur Conan Doyle's famous super-sleuth, Sherlock Holmes, gets an update with this 2009 adaptation of Lionel Wigram's comic book series by writer/director Guy Ritchie (ROCKNROLLA, SNATCH). The ever-charismatic Robert Downey Jr. (IRON MAN) portrays the titular detective as you've never seen him before; a swaggering, bare-knuckle fighting rogue, who exudes charm and quickfire witty one-liners, whilst hinting at the complexity of the troubled genius lurking beneath. Jude Law (THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS) steps into the dapper shoes of Holmes' sidekick Dr. Watson, whose attitude to the world's greatest detective ranges from bemused and exasperated to impressed and confounded. The chemistry between the lead actors never fails to dazzle, as they caper their way through a stunningly-rendered Victorian London.<BR><BR><BR>We first come upon the duo as they close another successful case, which sees evil serial killer Lord Henry Blackwood (Mark Strong, ROCKNROLLA) executed for his crimes. But before his death by hanging, the bloodthirsty Lord warns Holmes that his murder spree is not yet over, and that the deaths of his next victims will have dire consequences for the entire world. So when their new nemesis mysterious returns from the grave, the detective and his stalwart companion Watson finds themselves following clues which lead them into a dark twisted world of black magic. Guy Richies' SHERLOCK HOLMES is a riotously fun experience; part mystery thriller, part comic adventure. With a stellar supporting cast including Rachel McAdams, Eddie Marsan, Geraldine James, Kelly Reilly and James Fox.
- Leading Role 1Robert Downey, Jr.
- Director 1Guy Ritchie
- Leading Role 2Jude Law
- Leading Role 3Rachel McAdams
- Additional Roles byKelly Reilly,Mark Strong,Eddie Marsan
- ProducerJoel Silver,Lionel Wigram,Susan Downey,Dan Lin
- ScreenwriterLionel Wigram,Simon Kinberg,Tony Peckham,Michael Robert Johnson
- Score ComposerHans Zimmer
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2010
- Subtitle LanguagesBulgarian,Croatian,Danish,English,Estonian,Finnish,Hebrew,Icelandic,Italian,Latvian,Lithuanian,Norwegian,Serbian,Slovenian,Swedish
- Running Time123 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- hassan197717 May, 2016by
great movie great product
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- kykbabe26 Feb, 2011by
This is a top quality film - the dialogue is quick and witty, the roles are well cast, the plot is very well paced. The film has few to little flaws, I would recommend it to anyone. I really enjoyed it, I think Guy Ritchie is an excellent director - and if you enjoyed his previous film 'Rock'n'Rolla' then you should definitely enjoy this film also. There are some graphic fight scenes - not for the faint hearted!
- adeline628 Nov, 2010by
Great characters, my favourite actors as well! As with all the Sherlock Holmes stories, a definite beginning, middle and end.
- steve688512 Aug, 2010by
I am a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, and this certainly did not diappoint, the characters were perfectly interpreted with some more contempary ideas as well. Also liked the supposedly magical element, though others might be put off by this slightly different idea in the film.
- sdg27ws13dg06 Aug, 2010by
asdas got his for 13 pound i usually go to cex for my dvds but this was a complete steal for the price its an excelent film with jude law casting as watson he is brill in this. i watched it once and decided i9 gotta have it on dvd for life and this was the best price i could find it brand new so i took the opportunity and bought it with haste now im looking forward to watching it again, an epic film to remember