All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a comprehensive and technically correct treatment of all important aspects of a simulation study. This book strives to make this material understandable by the use of intuition and numerous figures, examples, and problems. It is equally well suited for use in university courses, simulation practice, and self-study.
- Author BiographyAverill M. Law is President of Averill M. Law & Associates, Inc. (Tucson, AZ), a company specializing in simulation training, consulting, and software. He was previously Professor of Decision Sciences at the University of Arizona and Associate Professor of Industrial Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has a Ph.D. and an M.S. in industrial engineering and operations research from the University of California at Berkeley, an M.A. in mathematics from California State University-Long Beach, and a B.S. in mathematics from Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Law has been a simulation consultant to organizations such as Accenture, Boeing, Booz Allen & Hamilton, ConocoPhillips, Defense Modeling and Simulation Office, Federal Express, Ford, Hewlett-Packard, Kimberly-Clark, M&M/Mars, Monsanto, Sandia National Labs, Swedish Defense Material Administration, U.S. Marine Corps, and Xerox. He has presented more than 550 simulation and statistics short courses in 20 countries, including onsite seminars for ALCOA, AT&T, Boeing, Caterpillar, Coca-Cola, CSX, GE, GM, IBM, Intel, Lockheed Martin, Los Alamos National Lab, Missile Defense Agency, Motorola, NASA, National Security Agency, Northrop Grumman, 3M, Time Warner, UPS, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and Whirlpool. He is the developer of the ExpertFit distribution-fitting software, which automates the selection of simulation input probability distributions. ExpertFit is used by more than 3000 organizations worldwide. He also developed the videotapes Simulation of Manufacturing Systems and How to Conduct a Successful Simulation Study. Dr. Law is the author (or coauthor) of three books and numerous papers on simulation, operations research, statistics, manufacturing, and communications networks. His article Statistical Analysis of Simulation Output Data was the first invited feature paper on simulation to appear in a major research journal. His series of papers on the simulation of manufacturing systems won the 1988 Institute of Industrial Engineers' best publication award. He was awarded the 2009 INFORMS Simulation Society's Lifetime Professional Achievement Award for his simulation seminars and book. During his academic career, the Office of Naval Research supported his simulation research for 8 consecutive years. He wrote a regular column on simulation for Industrial Engineering during 1990 and 1991.
- Author(s)Averill M. Law
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication22/01/2014
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1163 g
- Width172 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.