All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this collection of essays and articles, key members of Google's Site Reliability Team explain how and why their commitment to the entire lifecycle has enabled the company to successfully build, deploy, monitor, and maintain some of the largest software systems in the world.
- Author BiographyChris is a Site Reliability Engineer for Google App Engine, a cloud platform-as-a-service product serving over 28 billion requests per day. Based in San Francisco, he has previously been responsible for the care and feeding of Google's advertising statistics, data warehousing, and customer support systems. In other lives, Chris has worked in academic IT, analyzed data for political campaigns, and engaged in some light BSD kernel hacking, picking up degrees in Computer Engineering, Economics, and Technology Policy along the way. He's also a licensed professional engineer.Niall Murphy leads the Ads Site Reliability Engineering team at Google Ireland. He has been involved in the Internet industry for about 20 years, and is currently chairperson of INEX, Ireland's peering hub. He is the author or co-author of a number of technical papers and/or books, including IPv6 Network Administration for O' Reilly, and a number of RFCs. He is currently co-writing a history of the Internet in Ireland, and he is the holder of degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Poetry Studies, which is surely some kind of mistake. He lives in Dublin with his wife and two sons.
- Author(s)Betsy Beyer,Chris Jones,Jennifer Petoff,Niall Richard Murphy
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication08/04/2016
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £14.78Trending at £14.91
- £10.93Trending at £20.80
- £22.99Trending at £25.23
- £14.64Trending at £16.85
- £8.79Trending at £10.35
- £7.99Trending at £15.51
- £21.69Trending at £22.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.