CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks & Education
Save on Textbooks & Education
- £6.70Trending at £7.71
- £20.89Trending at £26.20
- £19.99Trending at £28.02
- £22.49Trending at £31.50
- £5.76Trending at £6.46
- £15.99Trending at £16.66
- £17.99Trending at £20.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features new materials for new shapes. Sixties Design provides a richly illustrated survey of a remarkable decade. The text reviews the period through certain all-important themes - the Modernist continuum, pop culture, space age styles, utopian ambitions and 'anti-design', identifying the impact of new thinking on every area of design. Embracing a wide variety of media, and making connections between domestic and industrial design, graphics, film, fashion, architecture and city planning, the illustrations highlight the best design examples of the decade.
- Author BiographyPhilippe Garner is a Director of Christie's and is their International Head of Photographs and of 20th Century Decorative Art & Design. He is widely recognised as an authority within these fields and has written numerous essays and books on specific aspects of the history of photography and the applied arts. His books include studies of the life and work of Emile Galle and photographers Cecil Beaton and John Cowan, as well as thematic investigations such as his Sixties Design for TASCHEN. He has also curated museum exhibitions in London, Paris and Tokyo.
- Author(s)Philippe Garner
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication15/08/2008
- LanguageGerman, French, English
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Out-of-print date28/02/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight1393 g
- Width300 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementSpecial edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.