Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.44
- £4.44Trending at £5.19
- £10.96Trending at £11.99
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
- £5.95Trending at £9.05
- £4.46Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionLisbon, late-1940s. The inhabitants of an old apartment block are struggling to make ends meet. There's the elderly shoemaker and his wife who take in a solitary young lodger; the woman who sells herself for money, clothes and jewellery; and the cultivated family come down in the world, who live only for each other and for music.
- Author BiographyJose Saramago is one of the most important international writers of the last hundred years. Born in Portugal in 1922, he was in his sixties when he came to prominence as a writer with the publication of Baltasar and Blimunda. A huge body of work followed, translated into almost fifty languages, and in 1998 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. Saramago died in June 2010.
- Author(s)Jose Saramago
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Out-of-print date15/07/2016
- Weight495 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Translated byMargaret Jull Costa
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.