All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Larissa Lai
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus
- Weight406 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface & Acknowledgements; Introduction: Asian Canadian Ruptures, Contemporary Scandals; Strategizing the Body of History: Anxious Writing, Absent Subjects, & Marketing the Nation; The Time Has Come: Self & Community Articulations in Colour. An Issue & Awakening Thunder; Romancing the Anthology: Supplement, Relation, & Community Production; Future Orientations, Non-Dialectical Monsters: Storytelling Queer Utopias in Hiromi Gotos Chorus of Mushrooms & The Kappa Child; Ethnic Ethics, Translational Excess: The Poetics of jam ismail & Rita Wong; The Cameras of the World: Race, Subjectivity, & the Spiritual, Collective Other in Margaret Atwoods Oryx & Crake & Dionne Brands What We All Long For; Conclusion: Community Action, Global Spillage: Writing the Race of Capital; Notes; Bibliography; Index.
- Author BiographyLarissa Lai is the author of two novels, When Fox Is a Thousand and Salt Fish Girl . A recipient of the Astraea Foundation Emerging Writersa Award, she has been shortlisted for the Books in Canada First Novel Award, the Tiptree Award, and the Dorothy Livesay Prize. Lai is Canada Research Chair in Creative Writing at the University of Calgary.
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.79Trending at £11.99
- £6.27Trending at £7.72
- £7.26Trending at £8.10
- £8.77Trending at £9.28
- £4.99Trending at £6.30
- £12.49Trending at £13.13
- £7.12Trending at £8.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.