All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the years before the Civil War, the Society of Friends opposed the abolitionist campaign for an immediate end to slavery and considered abolitionists within the church as heterodox radicals seeking to destroy civil and religious liberty. This work reminds us of the difficulties facing reformers who tried peacefully to end slavery.
- Author BiographyRyan P. Jordan is Visiting Assistant Professor at Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Ryan P. Jordan
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2007
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note8 b&w photos
- Weight490 g
- Width3971 mm
- Height5983 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.