All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHistory shows how relatively small naval forces can have a disproportionately large impact on global events. This collection, which adopts an interdisciplinary approach drawing on the best new research from the fields of international relations, security studies, strategic studies and maritime history.
- Author BiographyMichael Mulqueen is Professor of Media and Security Innovation, Director of the Centre for Applied Research in Security Innovation and Head of the Department of Media and Communication at Liverpool Hope University.Among Michael's publications is Re-evaluating Irish national security policy: Affordable threats? (2009), the standard text in national security policy making for all officer cadets, officers and Senior Command Team of the Irish Navy. Deborah Sanders is a Senior Lecturer at the Defence Studies Department at King's College London and the UK Joint Services Command and Staff College. She teaches a range of topics relating to international relations, strategic studies and contemporary security and has particular expertise in the former Soviet Union, in particular Ukraine, and in maritime policy. She is the author of Security Cooperation between Russia and Ukraine in the Post-Soviet Era (2000) and Maritime Power in the Black Sea forthcoming with Ashgate 2014. Ian Speller is a senior lecturer and Director of the Centre for Military History and Strategic Studies at the National University of Ireland Maynooth. He also teaches at the Irish Defence Forces Military College and provides lectures in naval warfare and maritime strategy for the Irish Naval Services. He is co-author of Understanding Modern Warfare (2008) and author of Understanding Naval Warfare (2014).
- Author(s)Deborah Sanders,Ian Speller,Michael Mulqueen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleCorbett Centre for Maritime Policy Studies Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 22 b&w illustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Tim Benbow,Professor Greg Kennedy,Dr. Jon Robb-Webb
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.