All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe must-have guide to getting into medical school. Each chapter guides you through another step of the process, from deciding if medicine is for you and choosing a medical school, to passing the UKCAT and BMAT exams, applying to Oxbridge and getting through the interview.
- Author BiographyStephan Sanders is a paediatrician who trained at Nottingham Medical School. He is currently working on research at Yale University to use the latest genetic sequencing technologies to discover the cause of autism. He wrote the 'Oxford Handbook for the Foundation Programme', which is used by most first-year doctors in the UK, and the bestselling 'So you want to be a Brain Surgeon?', and was recently highly commended in the BMA book prizes. Stephan also worked as an expedition doctor accompanying a group of children on the BBC Serious Series (Serious Andes, Serious Ocean and Serious Explorers - Livingstone). Harveer Dev read medicine at St John's College, Cambridge University. His undergraduate research focused on the structure of ion channels, which culminated in a BA in Natural Sciences. His clinical training has taken place at Cambridge University School of Medicine, where he has developed an interest in Urology, specifically, robotic-assisted laparoscopic procedures. Throughout this time, in roles such as the Education Officer for Cambridge University Students' Union, he has maintained an active interest in mentoring students, encouraging higher education and developing pedagogic support. David Metcalfe graduated with a first class BSc(Hons) in Biological Sciences with Molecular Genetics from the University of Warwick. He is due to graduate with an MB ChB from Warwick in July 2010 and LLB (Hons) in Law from The Open University in 2011. From August 2010 he will be a Foundation Year 1 Doctor at Kingston Hospital in Surrey then a FY2 at St George's Hospital, London, on an Academic Foundation Programme (vascular surgery).
- PrizesCommended for BMA Medical Book Competition: Basis of Medicine Category 2011.
- Author(s)David Metcalfe,Harveer Dev,Stephan Sanders
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/12/2010
- GenreCareers & Success
- Series TitleSuccess in Medicine
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date03/10/2013
- Content Noteblack and white photos and line drawings
- Weight523 g
- Width170 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Most relevant reviews
- shannonrxx17 Sep, 2013by
Excellent book that will help me with all aspects of applying to Medical School. It has sections on writing personal statements, gap years, which universities to choose (and much more) which is very useful! I also like how the book is written in plain English and is easy for the eye!
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.34Trending at £7.29
- £10.25Trending at £11.22
- £12.37Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.95Trending at £24.50
- £30.34Trending at £30.82