All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow enhanced by numerous recent results, this expanded and revised second edition covers the basics on Sobolev spaces and their role in modern analysis. Five new chapters and the augmented list of references create a broader contemporary view of the field.
- Author BiographyIn July 2009 the Senior Whitehead Prize of the London Mathematical Society was awarded to Professor Maz'ya. He has also received the Celcius Gold Medal from the Swedish Royal Society in Uppsala (2004), the Verdaguer Prize from the Academie de France (2003), and the Humboldt Research Prize (1999) in Germany. In 2002 he was elected to the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences and in 2001 he became Corresponding Fellow of the Scottish National Academy. He was an invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians (2002) and on the occasion of his 70th birthday (2008) two international conferences in Rome and Stockholm were organized. In 2009 five volumes dedicated to him were published in USA, Italy and Germany.
- Author(s)Vladimir Maz'ya
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/02/2011
- Series TitleDie Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 342
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1502 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Translated byT.O. Saposnikova
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd, augmented Edition. 2011
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.