All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.04Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about the creative ways in which social entrepreneurs solve pressing and insurmountable social problems.
- Author BiographyRyszard Praszkier, Ph.D., is a researcher at the University of Warsaw Complex Systems Research Center. His main field of interest involves the mechanisms of profound peaceful transitions, including social-change processes facilitated by social entrepreneurs, with a special focus on the role and properties of social networks supporting durable social change. Dr Praszkier has authored several academic publications regarding how social entrepreneurs find innovative ways to approach intractable conflicts. For more than 15 years, he has worked for Ashoka, Innovators for the Public, an international association that promotes social entrepreneurship in more than 70 countries. Andrzej Nowak, Ph.D., is a professor and lecturer at the Florida Atlantic University, University of Warsaw (where he is the co-founder of the Institute for Social Studies and a founding director of the Complex Systems Research Center), Columbia University in New York and the Warsaw School of Social Sciences and Humanities (where he is the co-founder of the Institute of Social Psychology of Internet and Communication). Dr Nowak has written and contributed to a number of foundational theoretical books, monographs and articles in the fields of social psychology, dynamical social impact, social networks and dynamics of societal transition.
- Author(s)Andrzej Nowak,Ryszard Praszkier
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note43 b/w illus.
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.