Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.80Trending at £17.00
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.56
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Well-Being and Quality of Life Research
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight191 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byRhonda Phillips,Youngwha Kee
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Chapter 1. Conceptualizing a Community Well-Being and Theory Construct; Heekyung Sung and Rhonda Phillips.- Chapter 2. An Exploratory Study of the Relationship between Community Well-being, Individual Well-being, and Local Public Services; Seung Jong Lee and Yunji Kim.- Chapter 3. Does Sense of Community Really Matter in Community Wellbeing?; Youngwha Kee and Chaebong Nam.- Chapter 4. The Development and Production of Local, National, and international State of Children's Wellbeing Report Cards; Geoff Woolcock and Jeanette Pope.- Chapter 5. An Exploration of the Relationship Between Gender Equity and Community Wellbeing; Sharan Merriam.- Chapter 6. Crime and Community Wellbeing: The Role of Social Capital and Collective Efficacy in Increasing Safety; David Sloane.- Chapter 7. Relationships between Social Policy Factors and National Competitiveness and Happiness; Young-Chool Choi and Ji-Hyun Jang.
- Author BiographyYoungwha Kee is a professor of the Department of Lifelong Education at Soongsil 156 University and the president of the National Institute of Lifelong Education. She 157 currently serves as the director of the Korea Institute of Local Development 158 Education. Previously, Dr. Kee was president of the Association of Adult and 159 Continuing Education of Korea and researcher of Korea Association for Commu- 160 nity Education. She has served on several advisory committees in relation to 161 educational policies and has been deeply involved with community education 162 among multicultural families and education for the disadvantaged. She serves on 163 the editorial board of the International Journal of Continuing Education and Life- 164 long Learning (Hong Kong) ) and the Lifelong Education Magazine (Taiwan). Her research interests include older adult learning, community education, civic education, and community development. Seung Jong Lee is a professor at the Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National University and president of the Korea Research Institute for Local Administration. Previously, he served as the president of the Korean Association for Public Administration and chief editor of several academic journals in related fields. He has frequently advised local and national governments through such positions as chairman of the Local Government Administration Joint Evaluation Committee, vice chairman of the Presidential Committee on Local District Reorganization Plans, and member of the presidential transition committee. Rhonda Phillips is a Professor in the Agricultural Economics Department and Dean of Purdue University's Honors College. Rhonda's honors include serving as a Fulbright UK Ulster Policy Fellow in Northern Ireland at the University of Ulster, and a Senior Specialist to Panama. She is author or editor of eighteen books, including Introduction to Community Development and Community Development Indicators Measuring Systems. She is editor for the Community Quality of Life and Well-Being series with Springer.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.