All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleArbeit, Bildung & Gesellschaft Labour, Education & Society
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note28, 12 fig., 16 tables
- Weight790 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byDenis Harrisson,Gyorgy Szell,Reynald Bourque
- Edition Statement1st New edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Gyorgy Szell: Foreword - Denis Harrisson/Reynald Bourque/Gyorgy Szell: Social Innovation, Economic Development, Employment and Democracy - Leopold Beaulieu: A New Economic Paradigm for the Challenges of Sustainable Development - Maria Teresa de Sousa: The Social Economy: a 'New' Tool at the Service of the Battle for Employment - Denis Harrisson/Mariline Comeau-Vallee: The Social Economy and Labour - A Strong Identity and a Few Paradoxes - Dominique Efros: From Working on Values to Transforming Social Activities: How to Update the Principle of 'by and for all'? - Anup Dash: Microfinance, Poverty and the Social Economy of Empowerment - Sven Schaller: Renewable Energy Cooperatives and the Development of Rural Regions in the Third World - Reynald Bourque: Transnational Trade Unionism and Social Regulation of Globalization - Thobile Yanta: Strategic Unionism: A Key to the Quality of Social Dialogue Outcomes - Yunus Dauda: Global Economy and Workers Rights: Ethical Challenges to Corporate Social Responsibilities - Catherine Casey: Critical Reflections on Work, Citizenship and Corporate Social Responsibility - Jocelyne Robert: Negotiation and Transaction in the Context of Restructuring: Ethics, Trust and Social Responsibility - Volker Telljohann: The Role of Social Actors in the Context of Restructuring Processes in the European Household Appliances Industry - Jurgen Howaldt, Ralf Kopp/Michael Schwarz: Shaping Innovation by Social Research - the New Role of the Social Sciences - Detlev Ehrig/Uwe Staroske: The Gap of Services and the Three-Sector-Hypothesis (Petty's Law): Is this Concept out of Fashion or a Tool to Enhance Welfare? - Friedrich Fuerstenberg: The Establishment of Market Structures - Societal Transition and Social Challenge - Martine D'Amours: Organization of Work for Qualified Self-employed Workers: Internalization of Control and Externalization of Risk - Qi Zou: China's Outward FDI and Employment - Dinghong Yi: Does the System for Eliminating the Last Class Employees Violate Labour Laws in China? - Chintamani Lahshmanna: India as a Transitional Society - Challenges, Risks, Strenghts and Prospects - Debi S. Saini: Informal Sector Workforce in the Era of Marketization: Social Protection Interventions in Indian Context - Yasar Aydin: Current Sociology of Strangerhood and Implications for Immigration Policies - Jean-Michel Plassard/Isabelle Desbarats: Migration Policies in the Service of Economic Needs: The French Illustration - Heinz Sunker: Maturity or Discipline? Social Perspectives on Upbringing and Education - Fabio Luiz Zamberlan/Paulo Cesar Greenhalgh de Cerqueira Lima/Maria Silvia Passos: General Technical Training: Case Study of the ProJovem Young People's Training Programme in Brazil - Olivier Guiraudie: The Intergenerational Challenges Presented by the Necessary Reform of the Employment and Social Welfare Structure - Gyorgy Szell: Social Innovations and Labour.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Denis Harrisson is Professor at the Department of Organizations and Human Resources, School of Management - Universite du Quebec a Montreal, and director of the Center of research on social innovations. Gyorgy Szell is Director of the Japan Research Centre at the University of Osnabruck (Germany) and founding president of the international network Regional and local Development of Work and Labour. Reynald Bourque is Professor at the School of Industrial Relations at the Universite de Montreal (Canada).
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.98Trending at £16.72
- £15.45Trending at £16.25
- £15.40Trending at £16.63
- £6.32Trending at £6.54
- £10.89Trending at £12.08
- £12.14Trending at £12.38
- £9.98Trending at £11.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.